WCH: Children with Special Health Care Needs Help Line
1-800-737-3028 or Email: CYSHCN Helpline
The North Carolina Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs Help Line is for caregivers and professionals who work with children and youth who have or are at risk for chronic physical, developmental, behavioral or emotional conditions, and who need health-related services beyond the care that children generally need.
We offer support on a range of topics such as:
- Services available under government and community programs;
- Resources to help pay for medications, equipment/supplies, adaptive devices, utilities or food;
- Available health care and dental providers;
- Information on how to find services when relocating to and within North Carolina;
- Health care transitions, guardianship and alternatives to guardianship.
Last Modified: July 8, 2019