WCH: School Nursing: Professional Development
- Orientation Modules: The target audience for this online course includes all new school nurses and is a required component of the School Nurse Funding Initiative (SNFI) and Program 351 school nurse orientation. The orientation course is an introduction and prerequisite to future offerings of School Nurse Roles and Responsibilities. Contact your Regional School Health Nurse Consultant for course information.
- Roles and Responsibilities: This workshop is an interactive, face-to-face session that builds on the course work from the online New School Nurse Orientation modules. This course is intended for the novice school nurse and continues to be a requirement for School Nurse Funding Initiative and Child Health Program 351 nurses as an assurance of exposure to school nurse standards. Contact your Regional School Health Nurse Consultant for course information.
- Annual North Carolina School Nurse Conference: Save the Date for October 28-29, 2021.
- Delegation In School Health (PDF, 571 KB) - Health services in schools often involve the support of unlicensed school staff. This webinar provides an overview of the required process for assuring safe and accurate care when delegating to others.
- PPE Train the Trainer (PDF, 811 KB) - This session is intended for use by school nurses as a 'Train the Trainer' format. It will help school nurses to train school staff on the StrongSchoolsNC Infection Control and PPE Guidance (K-12) directions for PPE use, maintenance and disposal.
Last Modified: 04-01-2021