Healthy North Carolina 2020: A Better State of Health
- 2017 Annual Data Report (PDF, 122 KB); Updated Focus Area Summary Tables
- Sign the Resolution for a Healthier State
- Updated Focus Area Summary Tables
- Healthy NC 2020 Quarterly Update Fall 2013: Cardiovascular Disease (PDF, 209 KB)
- Healthy NC 2020 Quarterly Update Summer 2013: Oral Health (PDF, 319 KB)
- Healthy NC 2020 Quarterly Update Spring 2013: Tier County Designations (PDF, 472 KB)
- Healthy NC 2020 Quarterly Update Winter 2013: 2012 Annual Data Update (PDF, 337 KB)
- Healthy NC 2020 Quarterly Update Fall 2012: Social Determinants of Health (PDF, 399 KB)
- Healthy NC 2020 Quarterly Update Summer 2012: Sexually Transmitted Disease (PDF, 883 KB)
- Healthy NC 2020 Quarterly Update March 2012: Maternal and Infant Health (PDF, 826 KB)
Each year, the N.C. Division of Public Health will produce an annual data report measuring progress towards the targets of improving population health through our Healthy North Carolina 2020 objectives. The report is compiled by the N.C. State Center for Health Statistics.
- 2017 Annual Data Report (PDF, 122 KB)
- 2016 Annual Data Report (PDF, 144 KB)
- 2015 Annual Data Report (PDF, 105 KB)
- 2014 Annual Data Report (PDF, 105 KB)
- 2013 Annual Data Report (PDF, 259 KB)
- Healthy North Carolina 2020: 2012 Annual Data Update (PDF, 337 KB)
- Healthy North Carolina 2020: 2011 Annual Data Update (PDF, 84 KB)
Healthy North Carolina 2020: A Better State of Health (PDF, 7.3 MB) - These are the final 2020 focus areas, objectives and targets for our state. Each of the 13 focus areas is presented in a two-page section. Each section lists the objectives for the focus area, briefly describes the rationale for the selection of each objective, shows data on where North Carolina currently ranks regarding each objective, and provides the 2020 target.
Healthy NC 2020 serves as our state's health improvement plan, which will address and improve our state's most pressing health priorities. The Healthy North Carolina 2020 health objectives address all aspects of health with the aim of improving the health status of every North Carolinian. Through Healthy NC 2020, we hope to mobilize the state to achieve a common set of health objectives, which are available in the report, Healthy North Carolina 2020: A Better State of Health (PDF, 7.3 MB), and on the objectives page of this site. Also see the Healthy NC 2020 Technical Report , a companion publication with more details about each of the 13 focus areas and 40 objectives.
Did you know North Carolina ranks 33rd among U.S. states in terms of our overall health according to America's Health Rankings?
Healthy North Carolina 2020 aims to move us to "A Better State of Health." It’s a big job, but with your help, we can get there.
Our goal is to be one of the healthiest states in the nation. This will require a concerted effort from policy-makers, health professionals, state and local government, insurers, business and community leaders, advocacy organizations, consumer groups, the faith community and North Carolina’s residents -- does that include you?!
How Can You Make North Carolina Healthier?
We invite you to join us in this important mission.
"Each of us can directly improve our nation’s collective health by learning about the factors that affect our health and taking real action to improve our habits, culture and environment.” America’s Health Rankings
Healthy NC 2020 Pages
Last Modified: March 13, 2019