ICD-10: Project Deliverables
The DPH ICD-10 project work is broken down by project phase into tangible project deliverables. Project deliverables are any items produced as the outcome of a project or any part of a project. A work breakdown structure (WBS) is used to decompose each project phase down to specific deliverables. A WBS is a deliverable-oriented grouping of project components that organizes and defines the total scope of the project.
NOTE: Most of the deliverables below include references to an October 1, 2014 compliance date. As a result of the delay passed by Congress that prohibits adoption of ICD-10 as a mandatory code set until at least October 1, 2015, these deliverables will be updated once an official compliance date is mandated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Project Management Deliverables
Project Implementation Deliverables
NOTE: For training deliverables, see Training.
- Clinical Documentation Assessment - 01/02/13 (DOC, 4.1 MB)
- Clinical Documentation Assessment Worksheet for CDSAs – 01/02/13 (DOC, 72 KB)
- Clinical Documentation Assessment Worksheet for LHDs – 01/02/13 (DOC, 45 KB)
- Vendor Software ICD-10-CM Readiness Assessment - 01/02/13 (XLS, 36 KB)
- Clearinghouse/Billing Service ICD-10-CM Readiness Assessment - 01/02/13 (XLS, 37 KB)
- Business Impact Assessment – 01/02/13 (XLS, 182 KB)
- DPH ICD-10 Implementation Plan - Updated 07/02/14 (PDF, 611 KB)
- Instructions for Local Agency Initial System Assessment – 10/22/12 (PDF, 37 KB)
- Template for Local System Impact Assessment for ICD and TCI Results - 10/19/11 (PDF, 13 KB)
- DPH Local Agency System Assessment for Upcoming HIPAA Changes - 10/19/11 (PDF, 82 KB)